Dr. Asghar Ali Engineer,
Centre for Study of Society and Secularism
- Honorary degree of D. Litt. (Doctor of Letters) by Jamia Millia Islamia Central University, New Delhi,2008.
- Shah Sahib Award (2006) by Institute of Mappila Studies, Thrissur, Kerala.
- Muhammed Abdul Rahiman Sahib Foundation, Kodungallur, Thrissur, Kerala National Award ? 2006.
- Honorary degree of D. Litt. (Causa) by Jamia Hamdard, Islamic University, New Delhi
- Right Livelihood Honorary Award (Alternate Nobel Award) for Vision and Work, Stockholm, Sweden, December 2004.
- N.Ahamed Moulavi M.S.S. Award 2004 (Muslim Service Society, Kozhikode,Kerala).
- Association for Communal Harmony in Asia (ACHA), USA Award 2003
- Inter-faith Award, 1999 ((Khwaja Gharib-Un-Nawaz Welfare Centre, Bangalore)
- Ram Manohar Lohia Award, 1998 (Haryana Urdu Academy)
- New Leader Award , New Leaders Award Committee, Madras ,1998
- National Communal Harmony Award, 1997, Government of India
- Fourth South – Asian Youth Summit ?94 Award at Punjab University, Patiala, 1994
- Honorary degree of D. Litt. by the University of Calcutta, 1993
- Hakim Khan Sur Award by Maharana Mewar Foundation, Udaipur for national integration
- Dalmia Award on Communal Harmony, 1990
- Distinguished Service Award by USA International Student Assembly and USAIndian Student Association, 1987.
Dr Engineer has published more than 70 books on Islam, Problems of Muslims, Muslim Women?s Rights, Communal and Ethnic Problem in India, South Asia and Islamic State. He also publishes Secular Perspective (fortnightly) and Islam and Modern Age (monthly)
Dr. Ram Puniyani, Chairman
Ram Puniyani is a Professor in Biomedical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Powai. Apart from his teaching and research activities, he pursues a parallel track concerned with issues related to social problems, particularly the ones related to preservation of democratic and secular ethos in our life. He also has serious interest in the understanding the Human Rights of weaker sections of society. He is a member of EKTA, Committee for Communal Amity, Mumbai and has been associated with different secular initiatives for many years. He has also been engaged in understanding global and local changes, which have resulted in communal violence. He is particularly concerned with the adverse effects of globalisation and the rise of fundamentalism, particularly in India. Dr. Puniyani has contributed articles to various magazines and journals on these themes. He has authored three books around these subjects: Fascism of Sangh Parivar, The Other Cheek and Communal Politics: an illustrated primer. At present Dr.Puniyani is continuing with his endeavour to understand these phenomena with a focus on human relationships geared around substantive liberty, equality and fraternity.
Executive Council Members
- Prof. Ram Puniyani, Chairman
- Dr Uday Mehta, Vice-Chairman
- Dr.Ranu Jain, General Secretary
- Ms.Muniza Khan, Treasurer
- Adv. Irfan Engineer, Director
- Dr.Sandhya Mhatre, Member
- Prof. Indra Munshi, Member
- Dr. (Mrs.) Faruk Waris, Member
General Body Members
- Prof. Ram Puniyani
- Admiral Ramdas
- Adv.Irfan Engineer
- Prof. Indra Munshi
- Mr. Dolphy D’souza
- Darryl D’Monte
- Dr. Ritu Dewan
- Dr. Uday Mehta
- Mr. Feroze Ashraf
- Ms. Sophia Khan
- Ms. Muniza Khan
- Dr. Ranu Jain
- Prof. Zeenat Shaukat Ali
- Ms. Malika Mistry
- Dr. Zainab Banu
- Dr. Sandhya Mhatre
- Prof. Ramesh Kamble
- Ms. Nasreen Fazal Bhoy
- Dr. (Mrs.) Faruk Waris